Class and Workshop Schedule
Hello my friends,
I’m so happy to be announcing new Zoom classes! Virtual Interactive Escapade Workshops through French Escapade.com. Please see the link below.
We’ve already scheduled and filled two new classes. If you get on the waiting list, you will be informed about future classes!
I hope this will work into regular events for you.
There are many neat things about Zoom classes:
- They are interactive and real time! We can see each other and you can follow along as I paint.
- We can chat with each other.
- People from many different parts of the world can take the class, as long as the time works for them.
- Students can ask questions.
- We have a wonderful moderator, Jackie Grandchamps, who will keep things moving smoothly.
V.I.E.W. by Jeannie Vodden: Romantic French Peonies (in Watercolor)Level: High Beginner and Intermediate- Max 16 participants
Dates: Oct 2 & 3 (10am-1pm Pacific Time): Sold Out
Oct 12 & 13 (9am-noon Pacific Time): Open
Class overview: Join award winning artist, Jeannie Vodden, as she shares her unique watercolor techniques in this class. You will be treated two days of painting the romantic imagery of old-fashioned pink peonies. Jeannie loves feminine, romantic imagery, with a modern touch. She uses a limited palette of only 3 transparent, staining colors. All variations of color and value are achieved by the layering and mingling the color.
Seeing the light, contrast and color variations will be high on the class theme. You will learn how to paint light moving on, over and through petals and leaves.
Jeannie’s limited array of materials is complemented by her desire for detail and variation in all areas of her paintings. She will show you in a step by step format how she achieves this.
Jeannie will be demoing step by step giving you plenty of time to paint. Since the class is interactive, you will be able to ask questions directly to Jeannie as well as show her your work through your camera to get personal feedback and critique. You will get one finished painting by the end of the class.
Rate: US$ 178 for 2 sessions of 3 hours (total 6 hours)
The price includes:
- Personal feedback and critique during the class: Jeannie will give you time to paint and then look at each student work in progress and comment on it along the way. You will also receive a final critique at the end of the session.
- The recording of both sessions: you will be able to download the recordings to your own computer and keep them forever.
- Facebook feedback after the class: If you post on your finished painting on our V.I.E.W. facebook page, Jeannie will give you final suggestions for your painting.
About Jeannie’s workshops:
Students will be guided in exploring unique techniques used to create translucent imagery.
- Learn how to use a limited palette of only 3 transparent staining hues to achieve beautiful rainbow-colored layers of color.
- By mingling color on dry paper, and on wet, you will create amazing mixes of color through glazing.
- See and learn how to lift and move color while paper is still damp making beautiful fresh textures and surface illusions.
- This process takes some patience, practice and understanding, but the visual effects reveal an unusual depth of color which is well worth the effort.
Jeannie demonstrates each day.
Each student will start with practice and exploration of techniques.
Beginners may work with Jeannie’s images, while more advanced students may choose the subject matter of their own choice.
Materials List for Watercolor Classes and Workshops
Paper: Artist-grade cold-press paper, 140 lb. (Stretched preferred) or 300 lb. Clipped, stapled or taped on gatorboard or other hard surface.
- Use ¼ sheet, ½ sheet or full sheet, your choice
- (For those wanting to use my template, use ¼ sheet)
- Watercolor pads, 140 lb., 11 x 14 or larger, are okay
- I recommend Arches brand paper.
- Be prepared with extra paper for practice studies.
Palette: Large Professional palette with areas for mixing colors.
Winsor Yellow, or another transparent yellow (Cadmium Yellow Medium okay)
Thalo Blue or Winsor Blue (green shade)
Winsor Orange, or other transparent orange
Winsor Dioxazine Violet
Quinacridones: Gold, Coral, Magenta
Two – quart or larger plastic containers
Miscellaneous:2B pencil and sharpener or automatic pencilGraphite transfer paper (no wax)Kneaded eraserHousehold spongeRulerPaper towels and/or KleenexMasking Tape or blue tape Spray BottleNotebookSketchbook*I work on a slanted surface, so bring something sturdy to prop up your work ie: pencil box, 2×4 piece of wood Jeannie Vodden 1/16