2017 CLASS SCHEDULE
1. California Watercolor Association: “Translucent Watercolor Portraits”
2. Sierra Watercolor Society, Reno, Nevada
3. “Fur and Feathers” at Double Dip Gallery in Lodi
4. Mendocino Art Center “Jars and Posies”
DATES// July 28 – 30, 2017, 9am – 4pm
This workshop is appropriate for all skill levels
To Sign Up for class, or for more information, contact the Mendocino Art Center// http://www.mendocinoartcenter.org
Phone: 707-937-5818 or 800-653-3328
Address: 45200 Little Lake Street
P.O. Box 765
Mendocino, CA 95460
Learn about painting translucent and transparent objects, about creating the illusion of volume, about reflected light, cast shadows and soft turning edges.
Follow along with me, or bring your own photos to work from. Basic techniques will be covered and practiced.
5 “Opalescent Layers of Color”
LOCATION// Emerald Art Center, Springfield, Oregon
Materials List for Watercolor Classes and Workshops
Paper: Artist-grade cold-press paper, 140 lb. (Stretched preferred) or 300 lb. Clipped, stapled or taped on gatorboard or other hard surface.
- Use ¼ sheet, ½ sheet or full sheet, your choice
- (For those wanting to use my template, use ¼ sheet)
- Watercolor pads, 140 lb., 11 x 14 or larger, are okay
- I recommend Arches brand paper.
- Be prepared with extra paper for practice studies.
Palette: Large Professional palette with areas for mixing colors.
Winsor Yellow, or another transparent yellow (Cadmium Yellow Medium okay)
Thalo Blue or Winsor Blue (green shade)
Optional:Winsor Orange, or other transparent orange Alizarin Crimson Cobalt Blue French Ultramarine Blue Winsor Dioxazine Violet Thalo Turquoise Perelyne Green Green Gold Quinacridones: Gold, Coral, Magenta
Water containers: Two – quart or larger plastic containers
Miscellaneous:2B pencil and sharpener or automatic pencil Graphite transfer paper (no wax) Kneaded eraser Household sponge Ruler Paper towels and/or Kleenex Masking Tape or blue tape Spray Bottle Notebook Sketchbook *I work on a slanted surface, so bring something sturdy to prop up your work ie: pencil box, 2×4 piece of wood Jeannie Vodden 1/16