2023 & 2024
Hello my friends,
Finally I’m back and scheduling new in-person workshops, watercolor demonstrations, and maybe a few classes for 2023 and 2024.
“Translucent Florals” Watercolor Workshop in Lodi, Ca
Class is Full
- When: August 17 – 19, 2023, 9am – 3pm
- Where: Double Dip Gallery, Lodi, Ca
To Sign Up: Mail a check to me: Jeannie Vodden, P.O. Box 512, Jackson, CA 95642, or contact me via email email@example.com for other payment options and more info
- Class Fee: $350
- I will be teaching my watercolor techniques, getting the most from a limited palette on a floral painting.
Watercolor workshop in Washington State
Class is Full
- September 5th – 7th, 2023
To Sign Up on Waiting List: contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be studying how to paint transparency and luminescence.
- I will share my techniques and use of my limited palette.
“Watercolor with Whimsy”
In October I will be teaching for the Nevada Watercolor Society in Henderson, Nevada
- Dates: October 9 – 11, 9AM – 4PM
Mountain View Clubhouse, 148 Day St. Henderson NV
- Cost: Early Bird: $315 (Members only by July 30, 2023) Member Rate: $340 after July 30. Non-Member Rate: $365
Focus: This class will be a lot of fun and I hope challenge and add to your creativity, and free students up to ask… “What if?”
It’s a lot of fun to add whimsical elements to paintings. I hope you will join the class. We will focus on interesting composition and my unique watercolor techniques. To Sign up go to: https://nevadawatercolorsociety.org/event-5191943
“Watercolor Portraits with Jeannie”
Watercolor Workshop in Lodi, Ca
- When: October 25 -27, 2023, 9am – 3pm
- Where: Double Dip Gallery, 222 W. Pine Street, Lodi, Ca https://doubledipgallery.com/
- Class Fee: $350
- Paint a portrait from your own photo reference, or follow along with me.
- I will be teaching my watercolor techniques, getting the most from a limited palette.
- To Sign Up: Mail a check to me: Jeannie Vodden, P.O. Box 512, Jackson, CA 95642, or contact me via email email@example.com for other payment options and more info
Watercolor Demonstration for Folsom Arts in California
- Date: November 9
5-Day Watercolor Workshop and Watercolor Demonstration in Moultrie, Georgia for The Arts Center
- Where: 401 7th Ave. SW, Moultrie, GA, United States, Georgia
- Dates: March 11 – 15, 2024
- 2 days Watercolor Floral painting
- 3 days Watercolor Portraits
- All days will include watercolor techniques, limited palette and interesting composition ideas.
About Jeannie’s workshops:
- Students will be guided in exploring unique techniques used to create translucent imagery.
- Learn how to use a limited palette of only 3 transparent staining hues to achieve beautiful rainbow-colored layers of color.
- By mingling color on dry paper, and on wet, you will create amazing mixes of color through glazing.
- See and learn how to lift and move color while paper is still damp making beautiful fresh textures and surface illusions.
- This process takes some patience, practice and understanding, but the visual effects reveal an unusual depth of color which is well worth the effort.
Jeannie demonstrates each day.
Each student will start with practice and exploration of techniques.
Beginners may work with Jeannie’s images, while more advanced students may choose the subject matter of their own choice.
Materials List for Watercolor Classes and Workshops
Artist-grade cold-press paper, 140 lb. (Stretched preferred) or 300 lb. Clipped, stapled or taped on gatorboard or other hard surface.
- Use ¼ sheet, ½ sheet or full sheet, depending on following along in class project or independent painting
Watercolor pads, 140 lb., 11 x 14 or larger, are okay
I recommend Arches brand paper.
Be prepared with extra paper for practice studies.
Round synthetic or sable: #2, #6, #10, #14, #16, #26 (or larger)
I like Robert Simmons White Sable brushes, and Princeton brushes but any good synthetic or sable brush will be fine.
Large Professional palette with areas for mixing colors.
Essential palette colors:
Winsor Yellow, or another transparent yellow (Cadmium Yellow Medium okay)
Thalo Blue or Winsor Blue (green shade)
Also on Jeannie’s palette are:
Winsor Dioxazine Violet
Two – quart or larger plastic containers
2B pencil and sharpener or automatic pencil
Graphite transfer paper (no wax)
Paper towels and/or Kleenex
Masking Tape or blue tape
*I work on a slanted surface, so bring something sturdy to prop up your work ie: pencil box, 2×4 piece of wood
Jeannie Vodden 1/23